The 10 worst reviewed movies of 2008

Here is the Rottentomatoes.com list of the most mind numbingly bad movies of last year.  Their scores are shown as a percentage.  The lower the percentage the worse the movie was.  Some of these clunkers probably deserve a negative number:

10  "The Hottie and the Nottie"  5%

9   "88 Minutes"  5%

8   "In the Name of the King"  4%

7   "The Haunting of Molly Hartley"  3%

6   "Meet the Spartans"  2%

5   "Disaster Movie"  2%

4   "Witless Protection"  0%

3   "Deal"  0%

2   "Strange Wilderness"  0%

And the very worst movie of 2008 was:

1   "One Missed Call"  0%

{;-) Dan in Miami

5 Comments

Did you like this post? Vote Up or Down.

Whew!

Mal_Content's picture

I haven't seen any of them.

me neither

Critico's picture

i wonder if the same people gave positive reviews to both Disaster Movie and Meet the spartans. Is Not another teen movie from the same people? that one wasn't bad.

Not another teen movie had more to work with...

TMundo's picture

...although I haven't seen all of it, just bits and pieces, from what I remember:

-The two main films it parodied were She's all That and  Can't Hardly Wait

-Other films parodied were American Pie and American Beauty Never Been kissed, Cruel Intentions, Varsity Blues

-It also parodied 80's teen exploitation, The Breakfast Club and Lucas

-Original actors from those old movies were brought out, Molly Ringwald and Paul Gleason who were both in the breakfast club RIP Paul Gleason

So I guess it paroldied the new and the old, which can be a treat if you recognize all the movies done, but the plot didn't hold together that well, which can be a problem for spoof films, they get so carried away with the jokes, it ceases to be a movie.  You gottah keep it together somewhat!  Spaceballs succeded at doing this quite well.

it wasn't made by the same people

Critico's picture

i just checked the imdb, i thought it was because date movie and epic movie, where called here not another x movie.

If a parody film relies on in jokes it will fail

Dan_in_Cincinnati's picture

If you need to see a few specific films before seeing the parody to get the in jokes, that just isn't going to work.  "Airplane" was hilarious because you didn't need to have seen any of the airplane disaster movies to get any of the jokes.

You would think Hollywood would have figured this out by now.  But maybe those folks in La La land think they are the center of the universe so they figure everyone in the world has seen every movie ever made in Hollywood.

{;-) Dan in Miami

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.