"50/50" is the funniest cancer movie ever.

And probably one of the best things that Seth Rogan has ever done.  Yes, I do realize that saying that is akin to saying that the zircon laying on a tray of rabit turds looks very shiny. 

10 Comments

Did you like this post? Vote Up or Down.

Including SWEET NOVEMBER?

FearlessFreep's picture

Oh, you meant INTENTIONALLY funny!

Oh come on. All of you oldtimers out there

RidingFool's picture

have never forgiven yourselves for crying during the punch line in Love Story. Or was that laughing until you cried? Whatevs.

"The Ali McGraw disease"

FearlessFreep's picture

That's a term Roger Ebert coined to describe a terminal disease that affects beautiful women in the movies. As they approach The End, they become even more beautiful.

Ali MacGraw beautiful?

Rajah's picture

You have to admit,

RidingFool's picture

she does look better than Steve McQueen.

THE GETAWAY

FearlessFreep's picture

Pauline Kael's review said, "The last time I saw Candice Bergen in a movie, I thought she was a worse actress than Ali McGraw.  But now I've changed my mind." I hate to imagine what the remake was like.

Robert Evans recalls (in his memoir THE KID STAYS IN THE PICTURE) finding out that his wife was having an affair with McQueen while making that movie.  He told his friend, French movie star Alain Delon, who said: "It's just a location fuck.  I've seen it happen a lot.  Wait till she comes home and everything will be like it was before." Evans writes, "I wish _I_ could be French!"

I'll wager

gamerarocks's picture

that McQueen's corpse looks better than hers.  Wait, she's still kicking?  Doesn't matter, cause that's heinous. 

One out of four people is freakishly stupid. If three of your friends are normal, then it's you.

She...

michael3b's picture

..looks like the chick in Touch of Satan.  After the spell kicks in.

It would have to be Brian's Song

Rajah's picture

When Brian Piccolo (James Caan) is dying at the end and he's talking in that tiny voice........ COMEDY GOLD, MAN! 

Terms of Endearment was pretty funny too

Rajah's picture

Jack is a riot

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.