So if Obama does two terms, who runs for the Dems in 2016?

I like Biden and I s'pose he would be up for the job...except for the age thing again.  AFIK, he'll be older than McCain in 2016.  Will Chelsea Clinton be 35 by then?  :)

HS

7 Comments

Did you like this post? Vote Up or Down.

Caroline Kennedy! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Rajah's picture

<starts singing Sweet Caroline>

Don't you dare sing that here...

TMundo's picture

...as for the dems in 20...when?  Who cares, by then, there will be a whole slew of new individuals.

How about Al Franken!

Rajah's picture

What's that noise? Oh, it's Bill O Really's head exploding!

Maybe someone not currently known on the national scene...

MH's picture

How many people who don't follow Illinois politics knew who Barack Obama was before 2004?  There are probably several Dems who either recently got elected to Govenor/Senator/etc or will be elected in an upcoming election cycle who could potentially be President 8 years from now.  Hell, by then the "Gen-Xers" will be of age for that (Obama's close, but slightly past the admittedly arbitrary cut-off date...)

MH makes a good point.

HS's picture

Several popular governators in the party, most of whom are around Obama's age or younger - Bill Richardson (NM), Tim Kaine (VA), and Evan Bayh (IN) immediately spring to mind.

And I s'pose Biden could run.  I guess it depends on his health.  We liberals (myself included) all picked on McCain for his age, but Reagan - a very popular president for better or for worse - was no spring chicken himself....

HS

I think it will be a Native American trans-sexual

Rajah's picture

It's about time isn't it?

Tim Ryan

TMundo's picture

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.