DSW Store and Coupons
DSW is the footwear retailer that caters to women and men in search of style and value. Currently operating in 39 states, each DSW store offers thousands of shoes, including brand name, designer, dress, casual, and athletic styles. Inventory frequently changes, and warehouse. Their current marketing tagline is: “There are thousands of reasons to love DSW…”
DSW was incorporated in January, 1969. In July, 1991 the first DSW store was opened in Dublin, Ohio In 1998, Value City Department Stores, Inc. purchased DSW and affiliated shoe businesses from Schottenstein Stores Corporation (SSC), and Nacht Management, Inc. In December 2004, Retail Ventures accomplished a corporate restructuring, wherein Value City Department Stores, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Retail Ventures, merged with and into Value City Department Stores LLC, another wholly-owned subsidiary of Retail Ventures. Following this, Value City Department Stores LLC transferred all the issued and outstanding shares of DSW to Retail Ventures in exchange for a promissory note. Shonac Corporation officially changed its name to DSW Inc. in February, 2005. The ticker symbol “DSW” first appeared on the New York Stock Exchange on July 5, 2005. Retail Ventures now owns more than 60% of our outstanding common shares and controls over 90% of the voting rights associated with these shares.
The DSW Store Experience
DSW is known for great prices, an ever-changing inventory of in-season styles, and a vast selection at a wide range of values. DSW employs a consistent pricing strategy that provides customers with the same price on merchandise from the day it arrives in store until it enters the planned clearance rotation. The pricing strategy differentiates DSW from its competitors who usually price and promote merchandise at discounts available only for limited time periods.
Typical DSW stores are arranged like a “sea of shoes,” organized into wide rows that are accessible and easy-to- shop. Most stores:
• Are around 25,000 square feet.
• Have over 85% of total square footage used as selling space.
• Have over 30,000 pairs of shoes in more than 2,000 styles.
• Offer a complementary assortment of handbags, hosiery and other band-conscious accessories.
DSW is unique among shoe retailers in that it allows customers to view, touch, and try on shoes at “self-service fixtures.” Salespeople are not required to check availability of a product, yet are available to assist customers as desired. New merchandise is laid out by style on the main portion of the floor; clearance goods are ordered by size in the back of the store. The store design permits customers who do not have time for leisurely shopping to quickly find the shoe styles they need in a timely manner.
DSW Rewards® Program
DSW Rewards® is a free loyalty program that permits members to gets points with each purchase, online at dsw.com or in stores. With enough points, a customer will receive a $10 DSW Rewards® certificate of savings that can be applied to their next purchase.
Included with a DSW Rewards® membership:
• Customers earn 10 base points per dollar spent on regularly priced merchandise, and 5 base points per dollar on clearance merchandise.
• A $10 Rewards certificate is issued when a customer reaches 1500 points.
• Double points events
• Advance notice of promotions
• A special birthday certificate
• My DSW Reward email newsletter
• A personalized DSW Rewards® page at dsw.com for point tracking
• Member-only exclusives, like free shipping
• The opportunity to earn an even higher level of benefits with DSW Premier Rewards®
Customers who earn more than 6000 points in a calendar year are eligible for DSW Premier Rewards®.
Included with a DSW Premier Rewards® membership:
• The opportunity to earn 50% more points with every purchase.
• A Triple Points day every six months
• The best level of customer service with Premier Priority Attention
Many coupon clearinghouse websites offer DSW coupons to use for online shopping at dsw.com.
• Retailmenot.com recently offered a Triple Points coupon code for Premier Rewards Members only.
• Dealspl.us recently offered a free shipping coupon on DSW online orders of $35 or more. (Without coupon, shipping starts at $7.95).
• Freeshipping.org often features coupon codes for DSW.
DSW often sends coupons and deals via email to their Rewards® members. Non-members also have an opportunity through dsw.com to opt-in to promotional marketing emails.
In addition, DSW communicates directly with shoppers via Twitter. @DSWShoeLovers is DSW’s Twitter page, which provides followers with updates about new merchandise and new contests.
These contests, including “Shoe Lover of the Day” and “Free Shoe Friday,” encourage Tweeters to post photos, react to new styles, and contribute to the dialogue about recent trends.
For the weekly contest entitled “Free Shoe Friday,” for example, @DSWShoeLovers posts a trivia question related to merchandise that can be found at dsw.com. The first ten correct respondents receive free shoes.
The “Shoe Lover of the Day” contest invites followers to post pictures of their favorite pair of shoes on Twitter for a chance to win free goods.
Customers can also sign up for the DSW Rewards® program in-store by filling out a paper application, or via phone, by calling 1.866.DSW.SHOES (1.866.379.7463).
DSW Rewards® members will be mailed a $5 rewards coupon each year on their birthday.
Current Online Coupons at DSW.com
• Free shipping on dsw.com orders of $35 or more with coupon code SHIPR. Membership in the Rewards® program is required.
• “Smokin” Clearance Sale: Up to 50% off men’s and women’s clearance shoes.
• Sign up for DSW emails, and receive 500 bonus points. Offer valid only for new email users, and is a one-time only offer.