Post Cereals produces some of the most popular and well-known cereals available today. Throughout their history, Post Cereals have been pioneers in offering promotions to entice customers to buy their products. Coupons and discount deals available today mean that your family can enjoy these cereals even on a tight budget.
Post Cereals, formerly called Postum Cereals, was founded in 1895 by C. W. Post. Their first product, Postum, was a cereal beverage made of roasted grain. Post created this drink in a barn in Battle Creek, Michigan. The first cereal produced, Grape-Nuts, is still available today. Their second cereal, a corn flake product called Elijah’s Manna, was created in 1904. Elijah’s Manna was renamed Post Toasties in 1908 and is also available today. Post stood out by using many marketing techniques popular today but uncommon in his time; these techniques included coupons, free samples, recipe booklets, and plant tours. After C.W. Post’s death in 1914, his company continued his legacy by producing and creatively promoting a variety of healthy cereals.
In addition to producing cereals, the company also acquired Jell-O and Maxwell House, among other companies. After a new name (General Foods), acquisition (by Phillip Morris, and then Kraft), and spin-offs (with Ralcorp Holdings), Post Cereals is now called Post Foods, LLC.
Popular Products and Marketing Campaigns
Post has several popular cereals:
* Alpha-Bits and Marshmallow Alpha-Bits
* Bran Flakes
* Cocoa Pebbles, Cupcake Pebbles, and Fruity Pebbles
* Golden Crisp (formerly Sugar Crisp)
* Grape Nuts
* Honey Bunches of Oats; Just Bunches; Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds; Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Bunches; Honey Bunches of Oats with Real Strawberries; Honey Bunches of Oats with Real Peaches,; Honey Bunches of Oats with Vanilla Bunches; Honey Bunches of Oats with Chocolate Bunches; and Honey Bunches of Oats with Pecan Bunches
* Post Toasties
* Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch; Post Selects Great Grains Raisins, Dates, and Pecans; Post Selects Great Grains Crunch Pecans; Post Selects Blueberry Morning; Post Selects Cranberry Almond Crunch; Post Selects Maple Pecan Crunch; Post Selects Apple Caramel Pecan Crunch
* Raisin Bran
* Shredded Wheat
* Trail Mix Crunch
* Waffle Crisp
Some of their most famous campaigns include:
* The Flintstones cartoon’s association the Pebbles line of cereals
* A 1973 Alpha-Bits commercial starring The Jackson Five
* The Golden Crisp bear, who sings, “Can’t get enough of that Golden Crisp”
* The first coupon in promotion of a widespread product: Post offered a penny-off coupon for Grape Nuts in the late 1890s
Current Popular Post Cereal Deals and Programs
The Post Foods website offers a variety of different deals and programs for consumers to enjoy.
The website offers recipes that use Post Cereals in a variety of ways. Recipes for each meal of the day, appetizers, kid-friendly snacks, and desserts are available. Recipes can be searched by ingredient or recipe name, season/occasion, category, and cereal.
Post offers promotions like their “National Rise and Scream Day” partnership with Six Flags amusement parks. Customers may submit UPC codes from cereal boxes to receive an invitation to enter the park an hour early.
The Post Grant for Good Health program awards $25,000 to the winning entrant with the best community health and wellness initiative. Visitors to the website may vote on the project that they think deserves to win based on feasibility, potential community impact, and creativity.
Another promotion offers website visitors or consumers of Grape-Nuts, Shredded Wheat, and Raisin Bran a chance to win a golf weekend with professional golfer and cancer survivor Paul Azinger.
For kids, Post offers http://www.postopia.com, a website with games and Post Cereals activities. Kids can find “postokens” with the purchase of cereals and then redeem them on the website for access to extra game levels, extra lives, bonus abilities, and more.
Post Cereal Coupons, Discounts, Deals, Rebates, and Rewards
Customers can look online or offline to find coupons, discounts, deals, rebates, and Post Cereals rewards.
The Post Cereals website (http://www.postcereals.com) is a great resource for information about different deals, rewards, and offers. In addition to the official Post website, many unofficial websites offer links and information to Post Cereal coupons. Some grocery savings blogs also offer information online about coupons available in stores.
Many Post Cereals brands also have their own websites with coupons, rebates, and promotions. Clicking “Our Brands” on the main website will take customers to a grid of the different cereals’ names, and clicking on each name will take the customer to a cereal’s website.
Offline, Post Cereal coupons often come with the Sunday paper inserts. Using these in combination with sales or double coupon offers at a store can result in a super deal. Some stores also offer in-store coupons on Post Cereals. Keep an eye out for these coupons and stock up on your favorite Post cereals.