Gillette Company History
Gillette was first incorporated in 1901 as the American Safety Razor Company and specializes in the manufacture of high-quality personal care items. It is considered the world leader in men’s grooming products and a top producer of ladies’ razors. Gillette also owns the Papermate, Parker, and Waterman brands of writing instruments as well as Oral-B dental products and Duracell batteries. With 64 factories in 27 countries, Gillette employs over 29,000 people worldwide. Gillette products are sold in over 200 countries with 60% of sales occurring outside of the United States.
How It All Began
In 1895, King Gillette became frustrated at the dull edge of his straight razor. The idea for a razor with a disposable blade that never needed sharpening flashed into Gillette’s mind. As a traveling salesman, he had been trying to think of a new product that would need to be used and replaced regularly. Gillette soon built a new business around this idea and started the American Safety Razor Company. In 1904, Gillette received a patent on the new safety razor design. Sales rose dramatically from 51 sets in 1903 to over 90,000 razors and 123,000 blades in 1904. The next year, Gillette had made enough money to buy a six-story building to house their operation. By 1905, Gillette was able to make their first dividend payments and begin to expand internationally. Gillette’s success was sealed with the beginning of World War I. The government ordered 3.5 million razors and 36 million blades to fully supply the US troops serving in the war effort. Gillette has continued to offer innovative new razor products and has only grown as times have changed.
The Full Line of Venus Razors
The Venus razor is a luxurious grooming item designed for women and made by Gillette. This innovative ladies’ razor is available in three styles including refillable razors, disposable razors, and a bikini trimmer. No matter which type you choose, you’ll experience the closest shave possible.
Refillable Venus Razors
The refillable Venus models come in four convenient models including:
- The Venus Embrace contains five blades for the smoothest shave possible along with moisture ribbons that condition your skin as you shave. It comes in your choice of pink or blue/green and features a soft grip that helps you hold onto the razor in the shower.
- The Venus Spa Breeze is a light pink razor with a three-blade cartridge. No need for shaving lotion when you use the Spa Breeze razor. Just add water and the shave gel bars will create just the right amount of lather during use. The spa experience comes into play when the water activates the shave gel, and the soothing scent of white tea is released.
- The Venus Divine is another three-blade refillable razor. It comes in blue and features moisture strips infused with botanical oils for baby-smooth skin with every shave.
- Many women still prefer the original Venus three-in-one razor. This aqua-blue ladies’ razor continues to satisfy with its three blades and protective cushion.
Disposable Venus Razors
Gillette offers many of the same features in convenient disposable razors. Even if you usually use a refillable razor, the disposable versions offer a great option for travel. Simply pack a few and throw them away after use. No need to repack a wet razor or worry about leaving them behind. They also make a good item to store in your guest bathroom for overnight visitors who didn’t remember to pack their own. In addition to the Venus Embrace and Venus Spa Breeze disposable razors that are very similar to their refillable sisters, Gillette offers several additional models in the disposable category.
- For beach-ready legs, try the Venus Tropical disposable razor. These brightly colored razors come in lime green, banana yellow, and raspberry red and feature a rich moisture strip with aloe. This disposable also include a pivoting head for those hard to reach places as well as an improved fresh scent.
- The same features are offered in the Venus Oceana and Venus Malibu razors for an ocean-blue or tropical-orange color choice.
- If you have sensitive skin, the pink Venus Sensitive is the razor for you. It features the same three-blade system for a close shave, but also includes extra lubricants to protect your sensitive skin.
- Gillette offers the Simply Venus disposable razor for women who are looking for a more affordable razor. This razor continues to include the three-blade system and moisture strips, but comes at a much lower price.
Gillette Venus Bikini Trimmer
The innovative new Venus Bikini Trimmer will do what no other razor has done before. It features a comb above the razor to make sure that you trim your sensitive bikini area to an even length just as easily as you shave other areas. This blue razor features a single blade that will skim across the surface with no chances for nicks or cuts. If you require a closer shave, finish your look by going back over the bikini area with the Venus Embrace razor in either the refillable or disposable model. For a complete package, Gillette offers the Venus and Olay Bikini Kit. With this kit, you will receive a Venus Bikini Trimmer razor, a refillable Venus Embrace razor, and a tube of Olay Bikini lotion. This kit will make grooming your most sensitive area an easy task.
Find Valuable Offers at the Official Gillette Venus Razor Website
Visit www.gillettevenus.com to find valuable offers. Enter the 365 Days of Goddess Style contest to win goddess-worthy prizes. This sweepstakes is free to enter, but you must register before July 23. Venus and Op have partnered to make this great offer. Six lucky goddesses will win a year’s worth of Venus products, an Op duffel bag, and a selection of OP fashions from the OP Back-to-School collection. To enter, you must be eighteen years old and a legal resident of the United States or Canada (except for Quebec).
Gillette Venus Discounts and Coupons
Proctor and Gamble, the parent company for Gillette, has a coupon insert covering many of their products in your local Sunday paper about once a month. Remember to look in this insert for valuable discount coupons that can be used when purchasing any one of the Gillette Venus razors. Frequently, Proctor and Gamble will include separate coupons for refillable razors and disposable razors. The next scheduled date for this insert is July 25th. Check the Venus website frequently for coupon announcements. Proctor and Gamble often includes coupons in their other print advertisements as well. As you flip through your favorite magazines, remember to look for Venus razor coupons.
Gillette Venus Online Coupons
Coupons for Gillette Venus razors can be found at several online sites during the same time periods when they are available in print. This is a convenient way to find Gillette Venus razor coupons if you don’t normally clip coupons from the paper or scour magazines for specific offers. Simply find a site that offers Proctor & Gamble coupons and register. Not only will you find valuable coupons for the Venus razor and other Proctor & Gamble products, you will probably find many other money saving offers that are a convenient click away. Simply choose the coupons that you want, print them at home, and take them into the store to start saving.